Call for Abstracts
Deadline for abstract submission April 2nd 2013.
Oral and poster contributions will be grouped in sessions on the following topics:
Session 1 : Traits and functions that support ecosystem services in agro-ecosystems
- Predicting ecological functions from traits.
- Traits, functions and supporting ecosystem services in agro-ecosystems.
- Multi-functions and trade-offs.
- The importance of scale – evaluating ES at farm versus landscape scale.
Session 2: Farmer’s and communities perceptions of benefits of multi-functional agroforestry.
- Methods to identify local ES.
- Matching ES benefits and ecological functions. ES as a framework to raise awareness of the value of nature.
Session 3: Incentives for transformation. What motivates adoption of new practices?
- Current practices, the interaction of tradition, extension and social and economic constraints. From the farm to the landscape.
- Lessons learned from demonstration activities and PES.
- Incentives to promote change.
For more information about the programme, please see the Programme page.
Abstract submissions will be reviewed and accepted by a panel formed by members of the FUNCiTREE project.
Abstracts not accepted for oral presentation may be selected to be presented as a poster session.
Instructions for abstract submission
The abstract text should be no longer than 300 words. Please, use the following format:
Title: The role of fodder trees in the milk production and quality in Rivas, Nicaragua
Authors: Pérez Almario, N.1, Ibrahim, M.1, Villanueva, C. 1, Detlefsen1, G., Skarpe2, C. and Guerin, H2.
1. Centro Agronómico de Investigación y Enseñanza –CATIE, Costa Rica
2. Hedmark University College, Evenstad, Norway.
3. Centre de Coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement (CIRAD), France.
Corresponding author/presenter: Cristóbal Villanueva; email@example.com
The abstract should include: Background, research objectives, methodology, results, and main messages.
Please, submit the abstract electronically by clicking the button below no later than Tuesday, April 2nd 2013. The scientific committee will review submissions and notify authors of acceptance by mid-April. Questions or comments related to abstract submission may be directed to Graciela Rusch at firstname.lastname@example.org or +47 93 00 85 03.
To upload the file, please use a text editing format (MSWord or similar).
The abstracts for the oral presentations and posters will be published as conference proceedings as a FUNCiTREE-report at the conference.
Selected papers will be invited to submit a full-manuscript for publication in a special volume of an international peer-reviewed journal.